I sometimes find it strange that men (macho ones, to boot) notice things that I assume men usually don't. A good friend of mine noticed my new triple-dark purple nails last week. Somebody noticed my new black-and-white checked sneakers. A co-worker noticed my little puffy jacket this morning. A couple of others noticed my soda buddies (*tamil slang for eye-glasses) this morning. Men, all of them. Strange. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm usually SO dowdy and routine that when I try something different, it is about as subtle as a sledgehammer!
Anyhow.. soda buddies, I grant you, MUST be noticed. No point to them otherwise. Especially when they're the thick black frames that used to be considered geeky or nerdy, which are now all the rage. Such a rage, that I have three of them! All accumulated from my two trips to America's Best in the last four years. You'd think that I would have the common sense to get one that was classy enough for formal occasions. No, I had to have one in black, one in purple, and one with black and pink! Oh well.
In high school, I used to think that glasses would make me look very old, and that I wouldn't want to be caught wearing one of them ever. But given the fact that the whole family wears them, I knew it was inevitable. Then came the day in 2005 when I decided that it was not the distance in the amphi-theater style classroom that made the white board seem all fuzzy, it was just my awesome eye-sight. And hence the trip to America's Best. But given the fact that my power is a -0.25 (or is it -0.5?) I didn't need to constantly wear them - only driving at night in the rain or snow; or in classrooms or at presentations. But everything seems so much more clear when I wear these, that I'm slowly getting used to them. Plus, it makes me look cool. And chic, if I pair the right ones with the right dress that is.
Time for a check-up.. maybe next year? Might be time to add to the collection of buddies! A green one perhaps?
1 comments:
U wear Glasses??????? Cant imagine at all! Pics pls!
Post a Comment